Located within the Whitehorse Civic Centre, the Willis Room is a medium-sized room that is ideal for workshops, training sessions or seminars.
Hire of the Willis Room includes:
- Room set up to your requirements
- A Functions Officer to open and close the room
- Use of standard equipment including
- fixed projection screen
- ceiling mounted data projector
- standard whiteboard & flipchart
- lectern with microphone.
- WiFi access (suitable for streaming events online)
To enquire about the availability of the Willis Room, please complete the Room Hire Enquiry Form.
Room Set-up Styles
* Capacity is based on the current 2 square metre density quotient (when using electronic check-in / QR codes) and ensuring 1.5m social distancing during meetings.
Room Hire Rates
|Meeting (up to four hours)||$393|
|Full day (up to nine hours)||$610|
Whitehorse City Council offers a range of COVID safe catering options suitable for meetings and seminars. These items are pre-prepared and individually packaged with distribution monitored by our Functions Officer. Our COVID safe catering menu is available here.
Limited self-catered food and beverage service is permitted in the Willis Room due to COVID restrictions. The kitchenette remains open for access to the fridge and water taps only. On-site food preparation or share plates are currently not permitted. All food must be individually wrapped for distribution. A dedicated catering station, with a hot water urn, disposable cups and wooden stirrers is included in the room hire.
Please contact us for further information regarding your catering needs.
In addition to Council's increased cleaning and sanitising schedules, we rely on attendee cooperation with the following as part of our collective responsibility for community health:
- Maximum room capacity, including foyer and kitchenette (if permitted for use) is strictly limited to 40 people.
- Maintaining a 1.5-metre distance from other attendees at all times.
- Supply contact tracing information upon arrival via QR code.
- Follow directional signage and floor markers throughout the room and Civic Centre building.
- Wear a face mask whilst inside Council facilities when a 1.5m distance cannot be maintained.
- Carry a face mask at all times.
- Ensure regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser (supplied by Council)
- Event organisers are to supply Councils with a documented COVIDsafe Plan. The DHHS COVIDSafe Plan template is available here
Attendees must not attend events in the Willis Room if feeling unwell, experiencing COVID symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone currently required to quarantine or isolate.
We also encourage all visitors to download the COVID Safe App for everyone’s safety. Please visit the DHHS COVID safe webpage for the most up to date directions regarding COVID safety.